// The August-US Challenge: Week 1 //
I am challenging you, as well as myself, to be intentional with your time and with the people you care about. There are 4 and a half weeks in August and I've put together some practical things we can do to bring some life into your community!
Here is your first challenge...
Week 1: Singles Club
Pick 1 person.
- Take them out for food/coffee/tea/whatever.
- Treat them to whatever they want! ...whatEVER they want...
- PUT YOUR PHONE AWAY! 'Do Not Disturb' and AWAY!
- Blow past small talk. Ask deeper questions about them, their goals, and their heart.
- Try not to have a time constraint.
- Follow up with them! Make it a regular thing!
Remember, the point of this isn't to do "random acts of kindness". I want to delete the word 'random' from that phrase. Why can't we just be kind?
If nothing else, I can guarantee that your genuine effort and initiative toward being a positive influence will absolutely change you for the better. But YOU are where it starts!
LET'S MAKE AUGUST ABOUT PEOPLE, ABOUT CREATING AND NURTURING RELATIONSHIPS!
Feel free to share any stories or pictures and use the hashtag #AugustUSChallenge and tag @jesse.christiansen!